AN IMPORTANT UPDATE "COVID 19" - the golf course will re-open THURSDAY 02 April 2020 under strict conditions.
After reconsideration, the Office of Sport – NSW Government has advised that golf is considered an activity that can continue to be played in line with Public Health Orders relating to public gathering limits, social distancing, and the elderly.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND GATHERING REGULATIONS ARE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES
Players are to attend no sooner than 10 minutes prior to tee times
NO sharing of any hired or personal golf carts with NO exceptions
• Groups are restricted to a total of 2 people maximum with NO exceptions
•All players will commence from the 1st hole
Intervals between tee times remain at 8 minutes apart
• The booking sheets are filled on a first in first served basis.(see online booking schedule @ torontocountryclub.com.au) Online bookings are active from 12mn Sundays.
• There are no additional places being created
• Events that breach the maximum of two people per group are changed to other events.
• Adhere to the 1 person per 4 square metre distancing rule
• No presentations at the conclusion of competitions
• No gatherings or congregating permitted anywhere for any reason no exceptions
• NSW Police will be inspecting and enforcing the NSW Public Health Orders.
• The course will be inspected by staff regularly.
• If any person is found to breach these restrictions and place the Club in contradiction to the law, they will face immediate suspension and disciplinary actions which may include being reported to NSW Police for infringements.
• The Halfway House is closed until further notice.
• The Pro Shop will be open seven (7) days but on reduced hours according to revenue and attendance at the course. Purchase of takeaway alcohol is available from the Pro shop.
THE NEED TO TOUCH GOLF HARDWARE IS REDUCED
• Leave the doors to Pro Shops open
• New modified Rules of Golf relating to flag sticks and bunker rakes aren't touched etc are already in place.
Go to golfnsw.org.au for further information or ask the pro shop.
• Disinfecting of carts before and after use
PERSONAL HYGIENE STANDARDS ARE MAINTAINED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL
• Don't attend the golf club if you feel ill, or have been in contact with someone who is
• Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands
• Don't shake hands
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth because your hands touch many different surfaces and can easily pick up viruses.
"There is strong advice that people aged 70 and over should stay at home and self-isolate for their own protection to the maximum extent practical"
"These arrangements should also apply to those with chronic illness and indigenous people over the age of 50 years"
Thank you for your attention to this matter... it will only take one breach to reverse the decision to re-open.
Toronto Country Club Local Rules
1. Plugged ball through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped without penalty.
2. A ball coming to rest on stones may be lifted, stones brushed away and ball replaced. If embedded stones remain, then relief may be taken to the nearest point.
3. Bare patches on fairways are treats as G.U.R.
4. All roads and paths are to be treated as G.U.R excluding buggy tracks.
5. Flags remain in hole.
6. Immovable obstructions: all stakes excluding out of bounds stakes.
7. Any ball resting within two club lengths of sprinkler head, that is within one club length from the putting surface, and on intended line of play, may be lifted and dropped to nearest point no nearer the hole.
8. Out of Bounds: White stakes with Black Tops. Water Hazard: Yellow stakes. Lateral Hazard: Red stakes. G.U.R: White stakes.
All other changes to the 2019 Rules of Golf can be viewed here.